07/03/2014

Laser Cuts and Leather-on-Leather


I know what you’re thinking, since when do I hang out in graffitied alleyways that conveniently bring out the colour of my shoes? Well location-hunting in the Melbourne would not have been the same if I hadn’t checked out Hosier lane, if you haven’t been here before, it’s worth a trip, street art really doesn’t get as much credit as it deserves…




Photo credits to Jude Newton (Facebook) (Instagram)

Leather Skirt (similar) (similar) (similar)
Laser Cut Top (similar) (similar) (similar)
Leather Bralet - Sportsgirl

This look is a bit edgier than my usual, prim-and-proper style of dressing, however, I’ll admit, trying out new ways to wear things I already have, is actually entertaining. It's no secret that I live in this Bardot leather skirt, I can proudly say that I have worn it countless times during the Spring and Summer and plan on wearing it just as frequently until it falls to pieces. For those of you that haven’t tried to incorporate a leather skirt into your wardrobe (either in a pencil or skater style), I can guarantee that this will be, by far, one of the most versatile pieces you’ll own. The pencil skirt shape has always been a favourite of mine; its high-waisted style has an elongating effect, which is fortunate for those, like me, who are a bit vertically challenged. Also, keep it at a modest length; this will keep it edgy rather than trashy.

The laser cut tank was also bought from Bardot; it is definitely one of my go-to stores for mid-range clothing options. The quality is above-average for the average price tag, also, their silk camisoles are DIVINE, I have to restrain myself from buying one every time I’m there. This laser cut tank could be worn with a plain singlet underneath or a bandeau top but I chose to layer it with a leather bralet from Sportsgirl to keep it interesting; another option is to wear a sheer cotton or transparent chiffon shirt (like this one by Ladakh) over the bralet if the tank is too grungy for you. Pair the mostly-monochrome look with a pair of interesting shoes and you're done, I’ve chosen heels here for the sake of styling but coloured flats would work well for a more laid-back look. Lastly, don't underestimate the transeasonality of this look, this was shot on a perfect 25 degree day however, adding stockings, ankle boots and a denim jacket would make this very autumn-appropriate.

Stay tuned for a dressier take on this look coming soon...

Happy Shopping!
X

No comments:

Post a Comment